Baguazhang featuring Master Ma ShiYeh, who passed away in February. He was Master Zhao DaYuan’s classmate, and often taught classes for Li ZiMing in his later days.
“Black Sash” is a five-episode TV series from 2003 that features a Baguazhang master, played by Russell Wong, and is set in San Francisco. Interesting series, considering there are very few movies or television shows that even mention baguazhang.
Sifu Bryant Fong will be giving a lecture on “Evidence-Based QiGong” at Ohlone College, Fremont, California, as part of the World Tai Chi and QiGong Day being held on campus.
Time: 3:15-4:15 PM
Location: Ohlone College Newark Center, 39399 Cherry Street, Newark, CA 94560 (Maps & Directions)
For information on the rest of the day’s activities, please see the official website:
Master Yang will be teaching Baguazhang seminar classes over the week of March 13-20, 2016. Listed below are the times and prices. All seminars take place at Japantown YMCA, 1530 Buchanan St, San Francisco (apart from the March 16 Long Xing class). To sign up for the limited spaces, please contact Sifu Fong at email@example.com.
Package Cost for Multiple Seminars
- Two Seminars: $300
- Three Seminars: $350
- Four Seminars: $475
Weekend Series (Dan Cho)
- One Session: $150
- Two Sessions: $250
- Dan Cho (Bagua Basic Palm Changes and Techniques)
- Sunday March 13 — 1:30-4:00 PM (possible additional session in morning TBA)
- Saturday March 19 — 9:30-11:30 AM, 3:30-6:30 PM
- Sunday, March 20 — 10:30-3:30 PM (This session is TBA)
2. Seven Star Staff
- Price: $250
- Monday – Friday, March 14-18, 9:30-11:30 AM
3. Judge’s Pencil (Baguazhang Weapon)
The “judge’s pencil” is a weapon similar to a steel writing brush. Metal chopsticks can be used in place of the actual “pencil.”
- Price: $250
- Monday, March 14, 1:30-3:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 15, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 16, 1:30-3:00 PM
- Thursday, March 17, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Friday, March 18, 1:30-3:30 PM
4. Long Xing (Baguazhang Dragon Form)
- Price: $200
- Tuesday, March 15, 7:00-9:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 16, 7:00-9:00 PM (Location change––John Adams Center, 1860 Hayes Street, San Francisco)
- Thursday, March 17, 7:00-9:00 PM
Locations of evening dinners with Master Yang
- Sunday, March 13 — Village Pizzaria
- Saturday, March 19 — Dragon River
- Sunday, March 20 — Bennihana
To sign up for the limited spaces, please contact Sifu Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org.